The deadline for Symposium Proposals is extended to November 10th, 2023!
The Karolinska Institutet-UNICEF Conference on Global Child and Adolescent Mental Health will provide a platform to exchange research, innovations and best practices in the field of public mental health for young people.
This special call welcomes proposals for dynamic symposia on topics of importance to the global mental health of children and adolescents.
Symposium proposals are submitted by a symposium chair. If accepted, the symposium chair is responsible to arrange the symposium, communicate with presenters, and chair the symposium at the conference.
Procedure for submitting proposals:
- Include symposium title and an abstract with the rationale of the symposium (max 400 words).
- Justify the symposium’s importance and alignment with conference aims (max 100 words).
- Describe the format of the symposium (max 100 words) and how content will be delivered over the 1.25 hour timeframe. Interactive formats such as panel discussions and debates are encouraged, as is inclusiveness of youth and youth voices.
- Include 3-5 high quality abstracts of unpublished material to comprise the symposium (max 250 words each). For each, include title, authors’ names, affiliations, email addresses, and indicate presenter.
- Provide name, affiliation and email address and a short biographical sketch (100 words) for the symposium chair.
- If the symposium is accepted, the symposium chair and each presenter agree to register to attend the conference.
Symposium proposals must be in English and may be submitted in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Symposium Proposal” in the email subject line.
Please submit your symposium proposals by November 10th, 2023.
Symposium proposals will be evaluated by multiple peer reviewers with primary consideration given to scientific quality, relevance to the conference topic, and diversity of proposed chairs, moderators and presenters. For questions, please contact: email@example.com